Our Sample Menu
2 course meal £25.95 or 3 course meal £29.95
Using only the freshest ingredients this menu reflects chef’s inspiration and seasonal combination of Italian tradition and local produce.
Hathaway’s Bellini for 2 – £8.50, Campari &orange – £3.50, Polish Zubrowka & apple juice – £3.50, Cherry liqueur and coke-£3.50, Tip Pepe sherry – £3.00
recommended accompanied by Hathaway’s bruschetta & olives –perfect to share – £3.95, ½ dozen of black devils on the horse back – £2.95
- Pea and mint soup with pancetta
- (Veg.) Warm goats’ cheese on bruschetta topped with caramelized onions
- Smoked mackerel “rillettes” served with salad leaves and toasted bread
- (Veg.)Handmade tortellini with ricotta and spinach
- Smoked salmon risotto with parmesan
- Fillet of haddock in lemon sauce with capers
- Crab ravioli with light tomato and fish sauce
- Our signature dish of free range Somerset pork in cider and wholegrain honey with apple
- Exmoor extra mature sirloin steak 8/9 oz (add £5.50) with chips and balsamic reduction
- (Veg.) Homemade gnocchi with fresh green pesto and mushrooms
- (Veg.)Vialone Nano risotto with beetroot and parmesan finished with pistachio
and to finish…homemade desserts
- Vanilla creme brulee made with vanilla beans served with lavender shortbread
- Hathaway’s mess – our crushed meringue, Chantilly cream, berries and spiced plums compote
- Homemade double cream toffee ice cream with caramel sauce and amaretti
- Hot chocolate fondant with homemade vanilla bean ice cream
- Zesty lemon cheesecake on amaretti base with raspberry coulis
- Compliment your dessert with a glass of dessert wine for £1.95
Cheese and biscuits selection with grapes, chutney and port £6.95
There may be slight delays when the restaurant is busy due to your food being cooked to order
- Zibibbo, Sicily
- Ancient Arab settlers brought the aromatic grape, also called zibibbo (“zibib” is Arabic for “grape”) to the island, and this precursor to Marsala has been made there for centuries. The grapes, which are similar in aromatics to Muscat, are left on the vine till they partially ferment in the sun as they raisinate. It is straw yellow to amber in color, and managing to be both dry and somewhat sweet at the same time.
- Il Santo-Tuscany
- Blend of Ansonica and Grecanico. Clear, sweet, intense.
- Moscato, IGT,Sicily 100% Moscato. Amber, intense, sweet
- Soleras, Marsala Vergine, Sicilian, Riserva 20 years, D.O.C.-50 ml £7.25
- Pale golden yellow in colour. Dry, finely vigorous and extremely refined flavour.
Recommended Digestive Liqueurs (by 25 ml):
- Limoncello from Sorrento coast – £3.70, Grappa – £3.70, Vecchia Romanga Brandy – £3.75, Baileys (50ml) – £3.20,
- French Cognac – £3.70, Talisker Single Malt – £5.00, Cointreau – £3.00, Grand Marnieu – £3.00, Amaretto Di Saronno – £2.80, Sambuca – £3.00, Liquorice Anima Nera- £2.00, Hazelnut Frangelico – £3.00, Ginzjana – £3.50
Tea and coffee selection
- Tea: English Breakfast, Earl Grey, China Green, Darjeeling, Peppermint, Lapsang Souchang, Ceylon
- Coffee: espresso, Americano, cappuccino, latte with a choice of different blends and strengths
served with homemade truffles or Italian biscuits – from £2.60
- Liqueurs Coffees, from £4.95
- Calypso – Tia Maria,
- Brandy – French or Italian brandy,
- Bailey’s – Bailey’s Irish Cream,
- Jamaican – Dark Rum,
- Amaretto – Amaretto Di Saronno
- Mexican – Kahlua & Mexican Sambuca
Our preferred suppliers:
- Exmoor steaks – Stuart Lowen Butcher – Minehead
- Free range pork – Rumwell Farm-Taunton, Stuart Lowen – Minehead
- Fish & shellfish – J.J. Fishmonger-Plymouth.
- Free range eggs from farms on Exmoor
- Continental cheese – Annessa, London
Some dishes are subject to availability, depends on market and weather conditions. Limited choice of the dishes guarantees freshness of the ingredients.
We cannot guarantee that all our dishes are 100% free of nuts and that fish dishes do not contain bones.
Prices including VAT.